I am searching for a remote position as a data analyst in the technology industry. My relevant background includes data visualization and analysis, technical writing in the blockchain industry, computer programming, visual design, and adjunct college-level teaching.
- Senior Technical Writer: Solution-based narrative and technical communication.
- Computer Programming: C++, Python, SQL, Bash, Unix Terminal, VIM.
- Mathematics: Calculus, Statistics, Probability.
- Data Science: Jupyter, Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Scikit Learn.
- Able to work independently.
- Thrive in odd-hour work capacities, including overnight shifts.
Data Analyst Assistant
University of Alaska – Fairbanks
January 2023 – Present
- Developing C++/Python scripts to gather and visualize data from a mining robot.
July 2020 – January 2023
- Served as a full-time father for my two children during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Developed interpersonal and leadership skills.
Senior Technical Writer and Junior Programmer
September 2017 – June 2020
- A primary co-author of the Komodo Whitepaper. This ninety-three-page document formed the basis for the internal company vision and the external marketing narrative.
- Authored, edited, and co-edited hundreds of pages of technical documentation.
- Performed common basic developer tasks: set up and maintained a Vuepress documentation website, managed git repositories and test servers, and created basic C++ scripts for workflow automation.
Sales, Customer Service, and Technical Support
June 2016 – November 2016
- Provided customer service, sales, and technical support for TimeClick software.
- 50% sales closing rate on final month.
- Average closing rate over 25%.
Adjunct Professor (Visual Arts)
Utah Valley University : August 2013 – December 2014
Brigham Young University : January 2015 – April 2015
- Developed curriculum for class sizes of fifteen to twenty students.
- Topics included foundational design, and advanced entertainment design.
Independent Illustration, Creative Writing, and Technical Writing
April 2004 – July 2020
- Author/illustrator of Westly: A Spider’s Tale (2015, Shadow Mountain Publishing).
- Recipient, Kirchoff/Wohlberg Award (New York Society of Illustrators).
Richard Solomon—Artists Representative
April 2007 – February 2009
- Tasks included networking and managing transition from traditional to digital media
- Sourced 20 million free advertising impressions via corporate networking
BYU Auxiliary Services
Brigham Young University
Summer 2003 – Fall 2005
- Employee of the Year (2005)
Brigham Young University – BFA: Illustration (2007)
Carnegie Mellon University – Business (No Degree) (2016-2018)
University of Alaska – Computer Science BS/MS (Present Pursuit)
Udacity – Data Analytics Nanodegree (2021)